Pre-funding allows you to make larger trades.
The Unchained trading desk allows clients the flexibility to fund trades prior to (pre-funded), or after (post-funded) trade execution. All trades must be funded via wire and match the bank account and name listed in your Unchained account.
These two different funding methods have unique requirements and stipulations.
When pre-funding a trade:
- Unchained can hold your funds for a maximum of seven days. Unchained will wire any remaining balance back to the bank listed in your Unchained account if funds are not used.
- We may require pre-funding for trades over $100,000.
- If you take out a bitcoin-backed loan from Unchained, you may use those proceeds directly to purchase bitcoin.
- If your funds from a loan remain unused after two business days, we will wire the loan proceeds to the bank account you have listed in your Unchained account.
When settling a post-funded trade:
- Once you execute a trade, we will provide you with wiring instructions.
- If you trade before 3:00 PM CT, the wire deadline is 5:00 PM Central United States Time (CT) on that day.
- If you trade after 3:00 PM CT, the wire deadline is 5:00 PM CT of the next business day.
- If you miss the wire deadline, the bitcoin settlement process will be suspended until the funds clear and may be canceled if we do not receive the funds promptly.
- If we do not receive your wire within the timeframe referenced above, we may cancel your trade. You may be liable for any losses, fees, and costs we have incurred, including losses due to bitcoin price decreases for a trade we executed at your request.
Note: Our business hours are 9:00 AM-5:00 PM CT, Monday-Friday (excluding bank holidays).