I am still working. Can I roll over my current retirement plan?

An overview on rolling over a 401(k) that you have with a current employer

Typically speaking, the answer is no. If you have a 401(k) with a current employer, you are only able to roll those funds into an Unchained IRA if your plan allows for "in-service distributions". It is uncommon for employers to allow this, but you can reach out to your current plan administrator to see if it's an option, or consult your plan's Summary Plan Description (SPD). 


Note: No contents of this blog may be relied upon as tax, legal, or financial advice, as they have not been tailored to you and have not been reviewed by any attorney, financial advisor, or tax professional. For any questions related to your own specific situation, please consult with your own attorney, tax professional, and/or licensed financial advisor.