Changing a Chrome flag can fix this.
Depending on which web browser you are using, you may encounter an error when you attempt to use your Ledger device to upload keys, sign transactions, or perform key checks in the Unchained platform.
While our platform supports multiple web browsers, if you're encountering this issue we recommend using Chrome for the best experience.
How to fix 'unknown device' error with Ledger wallets
If you are encountering an error "unknown device [####:####]" you can resolve this by enabling a new experimental USB backend in Chrome.
- Open your Chrome browser.
- Navigate to the flags page by pasting the following address into your address bar and pressing Enter or Return: chrome://flags/#new-usb-backend
- Click the dropdown box for Enable new USB backend and choose Enable.
- Close and reopen your Chrome browser.
- You should now be able to use your Ledger device with Unchained Capital on Chrome.