Deposit bitcoin into your Unchained vault from any wallet or exchange.
Depositing bitcoin into an Unchained vault is fast and easy. Your vault address can receive bitcoin from any device, wallet, or exchange. Keep reading for more.
What you'll need
To make a deposit, you'll need to prepare the following:
- Your vault multisig deposit address which is accessible from the vault page in your Unchained account
- Your source of bitcoin funds, commonly an exchange or external bitcoin wallet
How to find your Unchained deposit address
- Navigate to your vault dashboard.
- Select the vault you want to deposit to.
- Click on Deposit.
- Copy or scan the QR code of your address.
Note: While you technically do not need a hardware wallet with you to make a deposit from an external source, it is recommended that you confirm the deposit address on your hardware device before depositing.
How to deposit funds into your vault or loan from an external source
- Access the main account page for your external account—ensure website URLs are accurate and your balances display appropriately according to your expectations.
- Locate language pertaining to the outflow of bitcoin—common examples are Send, Withdraw, or Transfer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to fulfill the withdrawal request. This typically includes:
- Amount of bitcoin to be sent
- Destination address (Paste your Unchained deposit address here, and double check that it pasted correctly)
- Desired fee rate (this will be more prevalent in bitcoin wallet interfaces)
- Notes (transaction notes are optional and will not be reflected in your Unchained vault)
Tip: Depending on the amount you're sending, you may find it helpful to do an initial test deposit of a small amount into your vault, prior to depositing a larger sum.
Once you have deposited bitcoin, you'll see it in your transaction history as a pending transaction. Once confirmed on the blockchain, the funds will become available inside your vault. You will be provided with a new deposit address the next time you make a deposit.