Back up your external spend information to ensure you can always recover your funds
- Sign in to your Unchained dashboard.
- Click Loans and navigate to the proper loan in the Unchained dashboard.
- Click View wallet history and then View details.
- Click Download wallet configuration and store the downloaded file in a secure place (e.g., your password manager). More details here.
Tip: While we do recommend storing this file in a safe place, rest assured that it does not by itself give someone who discovers it the ability to spend bitcoin. A thief would need both your multisig config file and two keys to make a transaction. The multisig config file will, however, reveal your account balances and transaction history.
Steps for Coldcard users
- Open your loan account page.
- Click Show More in the upper-left tile and then click Coldcard configuration.
- Save the wallet config file to a secure place (e.g., your password manager). More details here.
- Import the file into your Coldcard as shown in the image below.
- Once your new configuration file has been saved and imported, your can safely delete your old configuration file.
- Finally, also download and secure the wallet config file by clicking Show More in the upper-left tile and then External recovery info.