You'll need to follow the steps in this guide carefully to set up a business account for your Unchained IRA.
Submit a tier 2 + tier 3 business profile
Caution: The following steps are specific to IRA account creation and must be followed exactly as outlined below.
- Navigate to my.unchained.com/orgs/new and select Business Account.
- What is your location: enter your country and state.
- Available in your location: click Continue.
- Nickname: enter any descriptive name for your IRA entity, e.g., "[Your Name] IRA".
- You'll be presented with three options for a business account. Select Basic Business and click Next.
- Bank account information: enter your personal bank information, including bank name, routing number, account number, and select whether it is a checking or savings account.
- Add Members: click Skip this step.
- At this point, you'll be taken to a tier 2 details page. Under "Business Type", select Other from the dropdown, and under "Type" enter "Trust".
- Legal name:
The legal name will be formatted as follows —“Solera National Bank FBO [Customer Name] [Traditional or Roth] IRA”
If you are rolling over an Inherited IRA, the legal name will be as follows - "Solera National Bank FBO [Decedent Name] [Traditional or Roth] IRA, [Living Customer Name], Beneficiary"
- Customer Name: your first and last name
- Traditional/Roth: indicate whether this is a Traditional or Roth IRA. that you are rolling over.
- Please do not include brackets, quotes, or any excess punctuation in your entity's legal name. The entry should include text only.
- Purpose: enter "IRA Investments".
- EIN: enter “12-3456789”.
- Incorporation Details:
- Location: Colorado
- When was your business incorporated: July 23, 2007
- Business Address
- Line 1: 319 S. Sheridan Blvd
- City: Lakewood
- State: CO
- ZIP: 80226
- Do not select “Use a separate registered address”.
- Incorporation Documents:
- Articles of Incorporation: upload the signed Tri-Party DocuSign agreement.
- Proof of Business Address: upload the Tri-Party DocuSign agreement (again).
- Certificate of Good Standing: leave empty.
- Principals: click Add Principal, then enter details as follows:
- First and last name: enter your name.
- Title: enter "IRA Beneficial Owner”.
- Date of Birth: enter your date of birth.
- Home Address: enter your home address. Do not select “Use a separate registered address”.
- Identification: upload your driver’s license or passport.
- Principal Profile Summary: verify the information displayed is correct and click Submit.
- Principals: click Next.
- Submit Profile Data: Review the submitted information to verify it is correct and click Submit.
You'll be taken to a "Success!" screen. You should click Continue and immediately proceed to submit a tier 3 profile.
- At my.unchained.com/profile, click Start Tier 3 Profile.
- Principals: click on the gray pencil icon to the right of “Pending”.
- Social Security Number: enter your SSN, excluding dashes.
- Annual income: select your annual income range, accounting for salary and any other forms of income you receive, e.g., dividends.
- Income sources: describe your sources of income.
- Bitcoin Holdings: enter an applicable range.
- Sources of Bitcoin: select all that apply.
- Traditional Assets
- Net worth: enter an applicable range.
- Tradition asset sources: describe your sources of assets.
You did it! You can click Complete or close your browser. We will review your tier 2 and tier 3 profiles and notify you when they are approved.