Set up a new account for your business, nonprofit organization, or trust.
Unchained offers the ability to add a business account with the same login credentials as an individual account. Business accounts provide the best multisig solution for businesses looking to secure bitcoin with the flexibility of adding partners.
Note: You will first need an Unchained account to set up a business account. If you haven't done so, visit the Unchained home page and click Sign up to get started.
Choose concierge or self onboarding
Concierge Onboarding is an optional service offered by Unchained. Our team will schedule a live video call to assist in setting up your hardware wallets, creating a vault, and depositing bitcoin
Self onboarding is for clients who are comfortable setting up their own hardware wallets and don't need help creating a vault.
How to set up an Unchained business or trust account
If you're interested in Concierge Onboarding for businesses, visit the Concierge Onboarding sign-up page to get started. You will be directed to the account set up after you pay.
If you're self-onboarding, navigate to my.unchained.com/orgs/new. Sign in and select Business Account.
- Enter your country and state.
- You will now see which services are available in your location. Select Continue.
- Enter the name for your business entity, e.g., "[Your Business Name]."
- You'll now be prompted with three options for a business account. Select the options that best fit your business needs and select Next. If onboarding a trust account, select the Basic option.
- Enter your business bank information, including bank name, routing number, account number, and select whether it is a checking or savings account.
- Add your business partners to your Unchained Business account by typing in their emails separated by a space. Note: You can skip this step if you are the only member.
- Now you must submit your Tier 2 details. Under Business Type, select the option that best describes your business from the dropdown. If none of the options describe your business, select Other and specify.
- The legal name will be the name of your business followed by the purpose. Note: Please do not include any special characters in your entity’s legal name. The entry should consist of text only.
- Enter the EIN of your business. If your business is a living trust and does not have an EIN, you can put your SSN instead.
- Enter the location and date where your company was incorporated
- Fill out the Business Address form.
- Upload your business documents via the Incorporation Documents form.
- The next few steps require you to identify all or any principles related to this business account. Follow the prompts and fill out the required information for each principle.
- Each principle will require you to upload your driver’s license, passport, or proof of residency.
- Once you’re done adding principles, click Next.
- Verify the information displayed is correct and click Submit.
- Review the submitted information to verify it is accurate and select Submit.
- Success! You can now choose Complete.
- If you are self-onboarding, pay the invoice we sent to your email address. We will not approve your account until you pay the first year annual fee.
- That's it! Once your business profile is approved, you can add keys to your account and create your business vault.
- Recommended: Enable two-factor authentication (2FA) for increased account security.
Note: We will not approve your account until you pay the first year annual fee.