You'll need to follow the steps in this guide carefully to set up an account for your Unchained IRA.
- If you do not yet have an Unchained account, you will first need to establish one here.
- Navigate to the Create account page and log in if necessary.
- Select Unchained bitcoin IRA and click Next.
- Onboarding choice: Select whether you’d like to set up your IRA with or without Concierge Onboarding.
- If you are unfamiliar with how to set up a vault and/or need assistance with hardware wallets, we recommend selecting the IRA + Concierge Onboarding package.
- Client information: Enter your personal information. You will need a US mailing address even if you are not currently living within the U.S. in order to complete your account.
- Citizenship: Please select the appropriate response. If you are not a citizen you will be required to fill out further supporting information. In all cases, you will need to upload documentation proving legal status (in the following step).
- IRA information: Please indicate the type of IRA you are transferring over or setting up with us.
- Employment: Please provide us with your current employment information.
- Relationship status: Please provide us with your marital status and spouse's information.
- Beneficiary information: In this step, you will provide us with any and all beneficiary information.
- If you are single or divorced, you will need to tell us who your IRA beneficiaries will be. You will need to designate a percentage of ownership for each beneficiary. The total percentages should add up to 100%.
- If you are married, your spouse is automatically your main beneficiary.
- You will also have the option to designate your contingent beneficiaries.
- Document: Upload your driver’s license or passport. If you are a non-citizen you will be required to provide further documentation (i.e. green card, signed W8BEN form)
- Client information: Please confirm that all of your information is correct. You will not be able to change this once submitted until we have reviewed your application. If you need to edit anything, click on the section you need to change and make those changes.
- Payment: Please use the same email on the payment page that you used to create your account. You will be redirected to a page outside of our application to complete your payment.
Once paid, your application will go into review, and our team will reach out to you within one business day with next steps.
Note: No contents of this post may be relied upon as tax, legal, or financial advice, as they have not been tailored to you and have not been reviewed by any attorney, financial advisor, or tax professional. For any questions related to your own specific situation, please consult with your own attorney, tax professional, and/or licensed financial advisor.