Sign into your account, then click 'Keys' on the left to get started.
Keys are required to create vaults and loans. You will use a Coldcard hardware wallet to upload a key to your account in air-gapped mode.
What you'll need
- Your Coldcard hardware wallet with its power cord and SD card
- A PC or Mac with an SD card reader
- An active Unchained Tier 1 approved account
How to upload a Coldcard key to your account
- Follow the guide from the manufacturer to set up the device as new.
- Sign in to your Unchained Capital account, click Keys on the left side menu and Upload new key.
- Type a name for your key.
- Choose Coldcard as your hardware wallet.
- Upload your XPUB by selecting Settings > Multisig Wallets > Export XPUB on the Coldcard. Select 0 for the account.
- Remove the SD card from the Coldcard and insert it into your computer’s SD card reader.
- Upload the XPUB to the Unchained platform and click Next.
- If you have multiple accounts with Unchained, you may need to change the BIP32 derivation path.
That’s it! You can now use your key to create vaults and loans.
Tip: Practice good key management by reviewing our operational security article.