Sign into your account, then click 'Keys' on the left to get started.
Keys are required to create vaults and loans. You will use a Ledger hardware wallet to upload a key to your account.
What you'll need
- Your Ledger hardware wallet with its USB cord
- A PC or Mac with USB ports to connect your hardware wallet
- Ledger Live installed on your computer
- An active Unchained Tier 1 approved account
How to upload a Ledger key to your account
- Follow the guide from the manufacturer to set up the device as new.
- Sign in to your Unchained Capital account, click Keys on the left side menu and Upload new key.
- Type a name for your key.
- Connect your Ledger to the computer and unlock it with its PIN.
- Highlight the “Bitcoin” app on the Ledger screen and press both buttons to select it. The Ledger should say, “Bitcoin is ready.”
- Choose Ledger as your hardware wallet and Connect to Ledger.
- Note: If you have multiple accounts with Unchained, you may need to change the BIP32 derivation path.
- Follow the prompts to export your public key.
That’s it! You can now use your key to create vaults and loans.
Tip: Practice good key management by reviewing our operational security article.